We will begin outfitting our Tech Learning Centre with donated tech. We are very grateful for any used items you are willing to share with learners in Uganda.
Tech Wish List
- Laptops: Processor types: i3, i4 or later
- Laptops/desktops: Windows 10 (2015) or later
- flat screen 17″, 19″ and 21″ monitors
- wired USB and wireless keyboards and mice
- wired USB webcams and microphones
- luggage friendly scanners
- iPhones X series and beyond (due to battery life needs)
- iPads with lightning cord chargers
- wired CCTV surveillance system for securing our centre
We will gladly take any devices with or without screen protectors and cases. However, we will outfit all devices with protective cases prior to use. Laptop bags are also useful.
Note: If you are donating your apple products, there is a process you need to go through to relinquish ownership.
If you want to give away your iPad, make sure you erase all content and settings:
Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
This will completely erase your device and turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services.
If you’re using iOS 7 and have Find My iPhone turned on, your Apple ID and password will be required. After you provide your password, the device will be erased and removed from your account so that the next owner can activate it.
Guess what! Other charities that take electronics also. Sometimes they are a better fit for what you have. Check out this article and also World Computer Exchange below: